Very few sportsbooks have their very own app in this day and age. Surprised? You should be, as mobile betting represents from 20% to 30% of the total market, even though very few apps exists for the purpose. Mobile optimized websites and web-apps do the job just fine. But there is a bigger reason for not having an app. The two major stores, iTunes and Google Play do not allow the promotion of betting apps on their stores.
That did not stop William Hill from developing its very own betting app, downloadable directly from its website with clear instructions on how to install on Android and iPhone devices.
There are certain advantages from downloading the William App:
- Odds calculator integrated
- Easily navigate markets and betting prices
- Watch HD streaming of matches from your phone or tablet
- William Hill radio broadcasts of horse racing and other events
- Access the bank fast and easy
- Account status
- Support channels
The William Hill app will not allow you to access the Virtual Betting section were users can wager on digital football every 5 minutes. Virtual Sports is a revolutionary new gaming system developed and sponsored only by William Hill. The graphics are very real and the players are AI controlled. To play Virtual Sports you must download the software from the online website into your PC.
Is it safe to download the William Hill App?
It is very safe. Make sure to download directly from the link provided on this site, which is hosts the app directly on the sportsbook’s website. Specific instructions can be followed here on how to go around your Android phone warnings, and installing the app successfully. The warning messages from Android phones warn against an app not registered in their store, that doesn´t mean there is something wrong with it.
Step by Step Installation
The process is simple and easy to follow, just a few manual configurations to avoid the warnings:
- Download the app from William Hill Android and iOS Apps page. There is no need for registration. The .apk file will begin its download. Begin the installation following the phone’s instructions.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions upon reading them. Note the user will still be required to be connected online to make use of the app, or the markets will not be updated.
- The following configuration changes will be required to finish the installation if you get the phone’s warnings. Android will display an “Unknown Source” alert.Go to “Settings” and select “Application Settings” or “Security”, go to “Unknown Sources”. The block on apps not downloaded from the Android store will be deactivated.
- Go back to the main panel and tap WH-Sportsbook.apk to continue the installation.
- If you get an additional warning “Can´t Open File”, then your version of Chrome is blocking the app from getting installed.
Go to “Apps”, then “Tools”, “My Files” and tap the “William Hill apk file to force the installation.
The William App makes mobile betting a lot easier than just logging into the website. It runs faster and more intuitively. Perfect for live betting players need to take decisions fasts as odds change in a matter of seconds.